CEST – Competence Centre for Electrochemical Surface Technology, Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Villinger GmbH, Mieders, Österreich
VZLU Czech Aerospace Research Centre, Prague, Czech Republic
A team that is …
Mag. Jürgen Schodl
- Project leader, Senior Researcher at CEST
- Chemist (University of Vienna)
- working together with industrial partners in application-oriented research project. Strong background in Electrochemistry, Corrosion Protection Techniques, application of graphene-related materials
- Project coordination, acquisition, planning and management.
Dr. Pierluigi Bilotto
- Senior Researcher at CEST
- PhD in Phyiscs at Vienna Unviersity of Technology (Austria)
- Bachelor and Master studies in Physics at Unviersity of Calabria (Italy)
- Experties: study of the fundamental interactions between macroscopic surfaces brought to short distance. DLVO and not-DLVO interactions. Surface Forces Apparatus and Atomic Force Microscope. Development of model systems based on lipid, polymers and similar macromolecules. Effect of the electrolyte on the adhesion between two surfaces. Bioadhesion in complex proteins and biomimetic substances.
- Research interests: Adhesion at interfaces where water is involved (biofouling, medical surgery, icing). New materials and waste recycling (graphene, seashells, new polyelectrolytes).
Dipl.-Ing. Markus Ostermann
- PhD student, Junior Researcher at CEST
- Chemical engineer (TU Vienna)
- Strong background in Materials Science focussed on high-performance materials, nanomaterials production, characterisation and process optimisation
Dr. Peter Velicsanyi
Former Project leader
- Former Project leader
- Chemist (ELTE Budapest) / Chemical engineer (TU Vienna) / Doctor of chemical sciences (TU Vienna)
- working for/together with Materials Research centers and companies within strongly industry-related projects. Strong background in Analytical and Electrochemistry, Innovative Surfaces, Functional Coatings, Corrosion Research and Corrosion Protection Techniques, Nanotechnology and its Industrial applications (corrosion protective coatings, graphene-related materials, post- treatment of additively manufactured titanium parts for aeronautics etc.), Project coordination, EU projects, acquisition, planning and management.