A team that is …
Mag. Jürgen Schodl
Dr. Pierluigi Bilotto
- Senior Researcher at CEST
- PhD in Phyiscs at Vienna Unviersity of Technology (Austria)
- Bachelor and Master studies in Physics at Unviersity of Calabria (Italy)
- Experties: study of the fundamental interactions between macroscopic surfaces brought to short distance. DLVO and not-DLVO interactions. Surface Forces Apparatus and Atomic Force Microscope. Development of model systems based on lipid, polymers and similar macromolecules. Effect of the electrolyte on the adhesion between two surfaces. Bioadhesion in complex proteins and biomimetic substances.
- Research interests: Adhesion at interfaces where water is involved (biofouling, medical surgery, icing). New materials and waste recycling (graphene, seashells, new polyelectrolytes).
Dipl.-Ing. Markus Ostermann
Dr. Peter Velicsanyi
Former Project leader